Recruiting for AEL Chapter Candidates
1. Contact governing members of different organizations.
2. Encourage chapter activities. Each member is allowed to invite other individuals to chapter events - become visible.
3. Send out press releases about chapter activities.
4. Write articles about AEL in local and school newspapers.
5. Sponsor community/school events. This can range from money to volunteer hours.
6. Send letters to students who demonstrate higher academic or leadership accomplishments.
7. Speak on local radio stations.
8. Promote referrals. This is the best way to acquire new members.
9. Sponsor campus service projects, leadership development workshops and recreational retreats.
10. Contact the AEL national office for information from other chapters.